Serving San Diego homeowners with integrity, professionalism and knowledge for 102 years and still counting...
Electricity had just been introduced in La Jolla, the paving of La Jolla streets had begun and in the same decade the San Diego Zoo opened as did Naval Base San Diego.
A young entrepreneur, Fredrick L. Brown, opened a real estate company on Prospect and Girard.
These were the coming of age years for a young man named Willis M. Allen. Willis obtained his real estate license to broker a land deal for a San Diego-area polo field.
In 1942, Willis M. Allen purchased the company on Prospect and named it the Willis M. Allen Company.
In 1952, Willis M. Allen expanded his business and opened a second branch in Rancho Santa Fe.
In 1973, Willis M. Allen Company expanded again - this time into Del Mar, known for the world-famous Del Mar Race track.
In 1977, Andrew E. Nelson, a former Naval Officer who flew in the back seat of F-4 Phantom Fighter Jets with Fighter Squadrons VF-151 and VF-111, joined the company.
Andrew E. Nelson took over as President in 1981. He grew the company further in 1988 by adding an office in Point Loma.
In 1995, Andrew E. Nelson purchased the flourishing real estate company from his mentor Willis Allen and renamed it Willis Allen Real Estate.
In 2002, Willis Allen Real Estate opened their beautiful office in Coronado; one of the premiere zip codes in all of San Diego County.
In 2004, Willis Allen Real Estate set up shop in the newly revitalized downtown San Diego right on 5th Avenue.
Willis Allen Real Estate gets a new look! Updates were made to the company name, logo and colors. They even added a tag line; Real Estate. Real Integrity. Since 1914.
Independent and family-owned, Willis Allen Real Estate has built a respected reputation for being trustworthy, professional and successful for over 100 years.
Willis Allen Real Estate rolls out Willis Allen CONNECT: the next generation in real estate technology.