You don’t have to spend a lot of money to get in shape in the San Diego area. We tracked down 20+ group activities you can do for free in America’s Finest City. No excuse now – get a move on to check out one of these fun, free workouts!
- Vuori Actv Club – A fitness apparel brand, the store offers yoga and fitness classes.
- Lululemon – You can find free yoga classes at each of the four Lulu locations around SD.
- San Diego’s Free Beach Yoga – The name says it all. Namaste.
- Laughter Yoga – Yes, it’s a real thing! Laugh yourself to a six pack, five days a week.
- Lorna Jane – This women’s yoga apparel store in La Jolla offers lots of free classes.
Walk, Hike, Run and Cycle
- San Diego by Foot – SD-lovers unite to walk and hike the region.
- SD StreetWalkers Fitness Walking – This group walks for fitness and hangs out for an occasional social event.
- Milestone Running Shop – This running shoe store hosts a weekly social run, Wednesdays at 6 p.m.
- Just Run – Another running shoe store, they host weekly and monthly runs.
- Movin Shoes – This running shoe store hosts runs, as well as cross-training workouts.
- Lululemon Carlsbad – This store hosts a weekly running club for all levels.
- HikeMania – This is a group of fun-loving adults who are hot for hiking!
- San Diego Cyclists – These riders meet for all kinds of bicycling – all levels and ages welcome.
- EveryBODY Fitness – Offering a “judge-free zone,” these boot camps include fitness, health and nutrition classes three days a week for four weeks.
- Fit to be Mommy – Welcoming moms and soon-to-be moms, this group offers all kinds of fitness challenges – with babies on board!
- Gut Check Fitness – Not for the faint of heart, this group boasts hardcore, creative workouts led by the “World’s Fittest Man,” Joe Decker.
- Scripps Ranch Women’s Cardio and Kickboxing Fitness – Dedicated to women and self-defense, this group meets twice a week for fun fitness with friends.
- “Hoopin’ Nature” Hoop Fitness – Not your playground-style hula hooping, instructor Kayla Frost leads hour-long fitness classes with hoops (bring one, borrow one or buy one) for free/donation.
- San Diego Healthy Fitness Life – This group offers several workout opportunities, including an all-ladies booty fit class and a mommy-and-me workout.
- Fit Club San Diego – Team Beachbody coaches Mike Saure and Liberty Woods invite you to meet your fitness goals with an intense blend of the latest popular workouts.
- CrossFit Hard Boiled – This El Cajon CrossFit group invites newbies to try the style out in a competitive, yet fun environment.
- NSAA San Diego – 50+ sports, fitness and wellness events once a month.