It’s not hard to find something worth celebrating every weekend during summer in America’s Finest City. From beers and bacon binging to dogs in costumes, check out some of our favorite festivals on tap this summer.
- July 22, Heroes Brew Fest at Waterfront Park – This annual beer fest promises you beer, art, tech and music. The festival takes place during the Comic-Con International event weekend. So put on your best cape for the costume contest and browse over 60 breweries that will be on hand sampling their suds.
- Aug. 6-13, Oceanside International Film Festival – There’s always time for a little film appreciation, so head to Oceanside for features, shorts, animation, documentaries and student work, as well as workshops and after-parties.
- Aug. 13, Cardiff Dog Days of Summers – A furry friend favorite for 12 years, this free event features over 200 dog-related vendors and rescue groups, as well as pet adoptions, dog contests, kids’ activities, live music, food and more! Scurry on over to Encinitas Community Park to partake.
- Fridays, through Aug. 18, Carlsbad’s TGIF Concerts in the Park – A Carlsbad tradition for over 30 years, this summer series features nine concerts in four parks. The events also features food vendors and activities for all ages.
- Aug. 25-27, Carlsbad Music Festival – A three-day summer celebration of “adventurous music by the beach,” this festival features an eclectic mix of over 60 performances of and dozens of free outdoor concerts.
- Aug. 26-27, San Diego Spirits Festival – Why should craft beers get all love? For the ninth year, there will be plenty of craft cocktails to enjoy at the Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier, as well as food and entertainment.
- Sept. 2, San Diego Bacon Fest – If any food deserves its own festival, bacon is certainly at the top of our list. Alongside beer and cocktails, it’s the best way to celebrate International Bacon Day at NTC Park’s Preble Field.
- Sept. 15-17, Kaboo Del Mar – This three-day live music festival offers world-class music, hilarious comedy, inspiring contemporary art, gourmet cuisine, craft libations and personal indulgences.
- Sept. 30-Oct. 1, Adams Avenue Street Fair – Though this event technically lands a week into fall, we just can’t leave out San Diego’s largest free music festival featuring 90 musical acts, a beer garden, carnival rides and festival fare.