Looking to make plans for Easter weekend? We’ve got you covered! Egg hunts, the Easter bunny and brunch events are offered throughout the area Saturday and Sunday, April 15-16. Here are a few of our favorite picks.
Egg Hunts & Activities in San Diego
- Easter Bunny’s Basket at The Zoo — The San Diego Zoo offers photos with Peter and Paula Cottontail, April 1-16.
- La Jolla Egg Hunt — The La Jolla Recreation Center is hosting an egg hunt on Saturday, complete with crafts and more. Peter Rabbit will also be hopping around for photo ops. Price is $5 per child.
- Spring Party at the Botanic Garden — This Saturday event features photos with the Easter bunny, kids’ crafts and a bunny petting zoo.
- Bunny Train and Egg Hunt — The Pacific Southwest Railway Museum presents a special hour-long Bunny Train ride through San Diego’s east-county mountains, followed by visits with the Easter Bunny and an egg hunt. Tickets for dates including Saturday, April 15, can be purchased online.
- Linda Vista Egg Hunt — The Linda Vista Recreation Center offers a free Easter egg hunt at different times for different ages, starting 10 a.m. on Saturday.
- Belmont’s Easter Bash — Belmont Park will hide 12,000 eggs throughout the park and along the beach, Sunday at 9 a.m. There will also be games and festivities throughout the day. Tickets are $5 per child. The adjoining Wavehouse will also be hosting a special brunch option for families.
Easter Sunday Brunch in San Diego
- Hornblower Cruises offers a luxurious brunch on the Pacific with three different cruise options ($66.95 or $88.95 per person).
- The Westgate Hotel is putting on two afternoon Easter Teas and an exquisite Easter Champagne Brunch ($79 for adults; $35 for children 12 and under)
- La Valencia Hotel mixes a lavish buffet with an Easter egg hunt, live music and gorgeous views of the ocean ($85 per adult/$38 per child).
- The Hotel Del Coronado presents a champagne brunch as well as an Easter egg hunt ($125-$135 per adult/$50 per child/kids under 5 eat free).